Specialist Jewellery & Watch Insurer
Assetsure First Floor Millbank Tower Millbank Westminster London SW1P 4QP Monday- Friday 8.30am- 8.00pm Saturday 10.00am-2.00pm Sunday 10.00am-2.00pm
Up to date Jewellery valuation
Having your jewellery valued at regular intervals is important for a number of reasons. Firstly, the price of gold and precious stones change over time. This can be caused by increases in the cost and availability of the raw materials. As well as currency fluctuations which have an important bearing on the prices paid for jewellery.
Accurate jewellery valuation
Secondly, it’s important to have an accurate up to date valuation. To ensure in the event of a loss, your insurance sum insured is adequate to obtain a replacement item. Having a comprehensive description of the item will also help the insurers obtain a replacement for you. They will, as much as possible match the attributes of the original.
Formal jewellery valuation includes
- Personal information such as your name and address.
- The date of the valuation and the name and credentials of the person preparing it.
- The date or approximate date it was made.
- A full description of the item including the size and shape of any gemstone and other physical attributes such as its cut, colour and clarity. If a certification is available, reference should be made to it.
- Notes of “other” information including an explanation of any abbreviations used.
The best way to insure your jewellery
In the event of loss, or damage is to insure it. Assetsure provide specialist jewellery insurance for items such as, engagement ring insurance, eternity rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets and watches. Our policy is a “stand-alone” cover, separate from a home insurance. It will also provide worldwide insurance cover against accidental damage, theft and loss.
For quotations, please visit our Jewellery insurance page, or call us on 020 8003 3190